Henry_moore
Open Session Agenda | Workshop Agenda

Nhan Tran Fermilab PostDoc Experiment Open Session Only

Jet substructure at CMS

Kalanand Mishra Fermilab PostDoc Experiment Open Session Only

I will present CMS measurements of jet structure and properties in the Open session on Monday, December 3, 2012.

Daniel Pluth ISU Student Experiment Open Session and Workshop

a better understanding of other analysis techniques

Pileup corrections and ROIB service work

Mark Neubauer University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Faculty Experiment Workshop Only

Substructure/tagging tools/techniques for high mass WW/WZ/ZZ resonance searches

Ayana Arce Duke Faculty Experiment Workshop Only

Color flow

Jia Fu Low University of Florida Student Experiment Open Session Only

I'm currently a student in CMS working on the boosted higgs to bbbar search. I am particularly interested in the all-hadronic channel and would like to learn more about the listed tagging techniques.

Jeremy Love Argonne National Lab PostDoc Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I hope to gain a method of QCD background estimation of single boosted top tagged jets. I would also be extremely interested in discussing jet b-tagging at pT's over 300 GeV. I am working on a search for W' decaying to tb.

Caroline Milstene Wayne State University Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Actual Analysis:
pp-> boosted W(->jet jet)+ DarkMatter antiDarkMatter
The boosted W has been radiated and only its hadronic decay is considered to appears as a Fatjet with jet substructure.
Full advantage is taken of the Hadron calorimeter and its extension outside the magnet in the barrel region of HCAL (abs(eta)<1.5)

Previous data study
The data taken by the extension of HCAL (Hadron Outer) and the SIPM response, withb 2 different kinds of SIPM, during the 2010 data taking, and the HPD response with the 7TeV and 8TeV center of mass energy in 2011 and 2012

Previous Analysis, participation to the analysis of Contact Interaction in the di-muon channel in its interference with DY to dimuons

Shih-Chieh Hsu University of Washington Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I am working on heavy diboson resonance searches using hadronic weak boson.
I hope to understand jet pruning configuration differences between ATLAS and CMS and
implement the Center of Mass variables into jet structure performance package.

Walter Giele Fermilab Faculty Theory Open Session Only

...

Mark Oreglia University of Chicago Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Working on jet cross section and searches with boosted objects.

Jordan Webster University of Chicago Student Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I work in part on the development of a q/g tagger for ATLAS. I'm hoping to get some ideas to help build on what's currently in place.

James Proudfoot Argonne National Laboratory Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I don't have any expectations other than to re-establish some understanding of the activities

Brian Lindquist Stony Brook University PostDoc Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Working on SM cross-section measurement of WW/WZ->lnujj. Interested also in semileptonic diboson measurement in boosted regime, and in VBS measurement in semileptonic (l nu j j jtag jtag) channel, either in boosted or non-boosted regime.

Robert Blair Argonne National Lab. Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

My interest here is mainly in high Pt top production.

Joakim Olsson The University of Chicago Student Experiment Open Session Only

My first workshop as a PhD student at UChicago, I am excited to learn more about jet structure, tagging and phenomenology.

I am working on a project using jet substructure techniques to study boosted massive particles in a baryon-number violating RPV scenario, where a pair produced gluino decays into a three jet final state, via a neutralino: gluino -> chi + qq -> (qqq) qq.

Antonio Boveia Chicago PostDoc Experiment Open Session Only

applications to ATLAS jet+X searches

Benjamin Auerbach Argonne National Laboratory PostDoc Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Hoping to better understand the shape of the jet mass and ways to search for boosted top.

Sergei Chekanov ANL Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Better understanding of jet masses, JMS and b-tagging for large pT jets

Liantao Wang University of Chicago Faculty Theory Open Session and Workshop

jet substruture, ISR

Brian Shuve Perimeter Institute/McMaster University PostDoc Theory Open Session Only

I'm giving a talk on recent results in boosted searches for SUSY and other exotic particles, particularly on my work looking at using jet substructure and color flow to search for RPV gluino decays. I'm also interested in getting more details about what the experimental collaborations are doing for boosted and non-boosted hadronic final states, and talking with colleagues about fruitful avenues of future study.

Matthew Schwartz Harvard University Faculty Theory Open Session Only

Jets are awesome, even for theorists.

Maximilian Swiatlowski SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Student Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Boosted Higgs, jet substructure, b-tagging with substructure, uses of tracking in jets, jet tagging, quark/gluon discrimination

Ho Ling Li The University of Chicago Student Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I am currently working on W'->tb search by using hadronic boosted top algorithm. I am interested in top tagging, W tagging inside the top, and b-tagging inside top, and I am hoping that I will get inspiring ideas on these topics in the workshop.

John Backus Mayes SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory PostDoc Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I plan to focus on the use of large-R jet substructure in non-boosted scenarios, for example to obtain new event shape variables that may provide additional discrimination power in high-multiplicity searches. I also hope to take the opportunity to discuss recent work on advanced techniques for pile-up subtraction and suppression.

Igor Gorelov Univ. of New Mexico, U.S.A. Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Heavy quark states in jets;
their full/partial reconstruction techniques
applied to high-pt physics samples, e.g. W/Z +jet;
pile up issues with 2012 and >2013 data.

Ariel Schwartzman SLAC Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

Jet substructure, tracks in jets, b-tagging, pile-up subtraction and suppression

Peter Loch University of Arizona Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

experimental aspects of jet tagging; tagging outside tracking (e.g. VBF); tagging in boosted decays

Michael Begel Brookhaven National Lab Faculty Experiment Open Session and Workshop

ATLAS jets

David Miller University of Chicago PostDoc Experiment Open Session and Workshop

I would like to see a detailed evaluation of multivariate approaches to top and W tagging in an experimental context. I work on ATLAS.